[NTLK] Newton Syncing

From: Roger Brown (spiicsman_at_outdrs.net)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 04:52:03 PST

Hi David!

You wrote Paul:
"The facts lay things a lot clearer at least for me. It seems to me
that the Newton platform's biggest failing until recently was the lack
of modern syncing software, so I had always - perhaps far to much from
the sidelines - held a torch for the DCL. I figured perhaps some day it
would allow me to return to using my Newton daily, something I have not
been able to do now for about two years."
I also ditto your feelings.

I have been using ACT! 2.8 in my old Apple 8500 desktop since the
1990s. I purchased a G 4 Power Book 18 months ago. ACT! 2.8 will not
run reliably in Classic 9.2.2. So, I carry my 2100 using it daily, but
my Power Book is useless as for as running my contact manager. ACT!
for Newton is a GREAT program. The contact scheduler with alarm is
priceless. I wish, I wish, I only wish that somehow ACT! 2.8 could
work in 9.2.2 Classic reliably! Is there someone in our community that
has the skill to fix it to run properly in Classic? That would be a
fantastic situation for people needing to sync to the G 4.

Best Regards,

Roger

Roger Brown
Key Maintenance Technology