[NTLK] EINSTEIN THOUGHTS -REVISITED

From: LARRY YOUNG (saillar_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 18:11:20 PST

I am very pleased with the news that came out of San Francisco and I
relayed that news onto Figlabs who I have been in contact with.
http://www.figlabs.com/catalog/aboutus.php

Rather than going on in a lengthy spiel, I will let you read our
latest e-mail. But I would like to say, Paul would like to see other
developers pick up on this and help with the project and if Figlabs
could give us what we want, an updated Newton OS on a new piece of
hardware, who's interested? How much are willing to pay for an
upgraded Newton that has all the bells and whistles? Is there a
market for it and how big? We are on the edge of something new and
great and if Apple won't build it why can't we do it. The hardware is
out there and now the operating system has a possibility to open up.
If we look to Steve Jobs for our inspiration, he moved from IBM to
INTEL and we can move from Apple to you name it, anything Linux based.

I have one question, the ROM. Apple owns the ROM and does that mean
that anyone wanting to load up Einstein on another platform needs to
own a Newton and the ROM can not be duplicated or transferred to a
third party? If that is the case, without rewriting a new ROM, the
future is limited to the number of Newtons still around.

Larry Young
St Thomas/San Francisco