Re: [NTLK] Unfortunate problems with connectivity

From: Don Zahniser (irntooth_at_eznet.net)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 13:20:28 PST

On Jan 25, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Darak Hollis wrote:

> I purchased a cable from J&K(one end hooks perfectly
> into the Newton, the other end fits into absolutely nothing I own-
> looks like a parallel serial cable with 5 holes on top/4 holes on
> bottom).

You bought a Newton-to-PC (DB-9 Female) cable. As I described in my
post last week, to connect to the serial port on your PB1400 or your
Wallstreet, you additionally need a generic PC DB-9 (Male) to Mac
Mini-Din 8 (Male) adapter.

A quick search on Google found one (with a picture) here:
http://www.gpsy.com/cables/index.html
The price is rather steep, but you can probably get a better price with
a more thorough search - I also found this site showing one for $9.99:
http://www.devdepot.com/cgi-bin/dd_detail.pl?HWMSER
but for some reason images don't load for me.

HTH...
  - Don

--
Don V. Zahniser