Re: [NTLK] MP 2100 & IBM microdrive

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 27 2006 - 00:23:56 PST

Marcus, very interesting, thank you.

The price of the IBM microdrive is not too bad in certain quarters, I have certainly considered one for my Compact Flash compatible digital camera. (though infinite storage can result in an infinite number of average photos you would not have otherwise taken!)

Of course we have to commend Paul on his creation of ATA drivers. My problem, and I'm sure other's as well, was that some larger CF cards became intollerably slow and seemed to slow down the normal operation of my 2000.

I read reports that some CF cards where faster than others. I actually abandoned these cards and bought a couple of linear flash cards and all is well.

You do note these limitations in your text.

I would be interested to gain feedback from anyone on how the larger IBM drives, 1meg up to 6meg work with the 2000.

I've not got myself linked to the Mac via ethernet yet but assumed that may make the transfer of MadMax friendly MP3s bearably fast(er)?

Thanks guys.

Regards

Jon