Re: [NTLK] ipod interface

From: Marco Mailand (marco.mailand_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 12:28:12 PST

2006/1/30, William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>:
> Has anyone considered what would be involved in getting the ipod to talk
> to a serial interface? It's probably been considered before but I was
> trying to figure out if I could meld an ipod into a newton. (actually I
> was trying to figure out how to do a shuffle as they're smaller).
Sorry, but I don't understand the aim of melding an ipod into a
newton. What shall this give? And what should an ipod talk via serial
to a Newton?

In past days it would have been nice to use e.g. a mini disc recorder
as data storage instead of the tape recorder for the Atari or C64 (or
Z1013 - none of you knows probably what that one was but I loved it).

But Newton and iPod have nothing in common what I could think of would
make sense to be connected.

Marco