[NTLK] Emate Update

From: Ralph Glatt <julian814_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 10:03:54 EDT

First of all, I'd like to thank Woody and Frank for their advice.

Yes, Frank, I was talking about the memory upgrade that's installed inside
the eMate. Your page was very helpful.

When I opened the back, the battery holder I installed came loose, and
apparently so did one of the wires, which is why I couldn't get my eMate to
power up. I reinstalled it properly, this time using Gorilla Glue to put the
holder in place. Hopefully that will hold it. While the batteries were
disconnected, I installed the memory card, fixed the connections and hooked
it up. Works beautifully.

One last thing - I'd like to thank Gary for selling me the memory upgrade.
Now all I need to do is find the kind of software I want to run on it. I
took a look in the software archives, but there doesn't seem to be much
there related to what I want to get my eMate to do. What would be nice would
be to find a way to port 8 bit Apple // software over to Newton 2.1, but I
won't get my hopes up.

Ralph