Re: [NTLK] NCU problem

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 03:09:02 EDT

On Jun 30, 2006, at 1:43 AM, M.Erickson@brighton.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi there,
> I usually back up my 2100 on my G3 laptop which still runs OS9. I've
> got a new computer - a G5 running Tiger - and I've been trying to
> install NCU on it. I finally managed, by installing from the disks on
> my laptop and running the G5 as a target disk. NCU installed
> successfully - or so I thought.
> When I double click on the NCU icon it calls up 'Classic' which runs,
> but then it says
>
> 'NCU can not run because no communications toolbox tools are
> installed'.
>
> Any suggestions? I did install from the disk images from UNNA and it
> seemed to be a complete install. I've no idea where or what the
> toolbox tools might be!
>
> All / any suggestions gratefully received.
The NCU installer installed the communications tools into the active
system folder when you ran it. That wasn't the "classic" system on
your G5 I guess but rather the laptops HD System folder.

You can manually drag and drop them from the Powerbook to the G5's
"classic" system folder.

I think the extension manager under 9 will tell which extensions are
related, but you definitely want the serial tool and the ADSP tool, if
my memory serves.

Good Luck,
Marty

PS You could just run the NCU installer again from "classic" on the G5.