Re: [NTLK] Newton MP2100 stays on

From: Gary Moody <gmoody_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 19:17:01 EDT

You might also want to turn off "Receive Beams Automatically" under the InOut Box/i button/Beam Preferences (uncheck the box).

Having this on can also have a battery-draining effect since the Newton never actually fully sleeps, as it is always looking for beams to receive. The Newton LOOKS off (the display is off), but the processor is still working, polling the IR port for received beams.

Most of us oldsters have had it turned off for so long, due to battery drainage, that we forget about it. "Sight is the second to go...I forget what the first is..."

Regards,

Gary

-------- Original-Nachricht --------