Re: [NTLK] Samsung Q1

From: Jimmy Newtron <cool.account_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 13:35:26 EDT

I have both an Newton 2100 (long live the green) and I'm on my second
TabletPC. As great as the Newton's HWR is, the Tablet's is maybe better.
Now, before folks start explaining to me why I'm wrong, let me clarify. The
actual interpretation of the handwriting might actually be better on the
TabletPC (mainly more horsepower) but the interface, while much improved
from the initial release, still leaves lots to be desired. It continues to
amaze me that M$ won't just breakdown and buy a used Newton 2100. Why they
won't emulate (read blantently copy) the excellence (brillance?) of the
Rosetta HWR system and insist on creating mediocrity is beyond me. That
being said, the TabletPC HWR/OS is for the most part excellent but it
doesn't replace the elegance, portability and battery life of my Newton. It
does however make a great desktop replacement and I would never go back to a
standard laptop...
Jimmy

P.S. It does however have a nice pretty screen, DVD drive, large hard drive,
Wi-Fi, etc...All things the Newton 4100 would have had :~)