Re: [NTLK] Seeking 1 or 2MB Newton memory cards

From: Chris Browder <newtonusingfox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 13:59:31 EDT

It has been a while since I've backed up a Newton, but I was thinking
that I could forgo my installing of any extra packages (and do a hard
reset of the unit and wipe it's memory -- no telling what is on it, it
came from a school) and then do a backup of the bare essentials. The
eMate has 3MB RAM and I can't quite tell if there is 1MB or more than
1MB available to the user to store, from what I read there is 2MB for
user storage, but other sites say there is 1MB -- I'd like some
clarity myself on the actual storage space. I know NewtWorks is stored
in ROM as well as a techer program and some other tools not found on
other 2.1 OS devices. But after a cold boot, if I did the initital
backup, it would really onl get the preferences and the stock address
book entries, after that I should be able to hand-select my packages
to backup and what soups are backed up (if I remember correctly).

Anyone else care to chime in on this? :)

-Chris