Re: [NTLK] Useful software for MP2x00

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 08:18:43 EDT

On 7/27/06, Martin Queen <martin.queen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got dashboard and avi's background
> as my two most useful but I was wondering what other software people
> use on their newtons.
>
> Hope everyone can spend a moment and write in their best utilities.

Well, DateBar is absolutely useful if you use the built-in Datebook a
lot. It was written by SDH EngSoft,
<http://members.tripod.com/SDHEngSoft/>

Second most frequently used utility (no particular order here--except
as I find them looking at my Newton) ;-) is Backlight Plus, a control
for the backlight. It gives a tiny square in one corner that you can
tap to toggle the backlight, and it also will automatically turn it on
for particular periods--in my case, whenever I turn on my Newton
between 6pm and 7am, it comes on automatically. Daytime, the BL stays
off. <http://www.tow.com/>

Paul Guyot's alt.rec is also essential. Sorry, no url, but it won't be
hard to find...

Tasklist (or Tasks, as it shows in the Extras) is an extension that
shows running apps. It's quite useful for me. It puts a square in the
toolbar that you tap on. It's by SBMueller, or someone like that. I
can't find a url at the moment.

However, all of the above should also be on UNNA.

These are all just little utilities that make using the Newton more easy.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland