Re: [NTLK] "PackageFlag Changer 0.1a2" by T. Murai

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 11:11:26 EDT

DJ Vollkasko wrote:
> Does anybody know what PackageFlag is useful for? What does it do? Is
> it a freezing tool? What is that about the bug? Anybody know more?

It's for messing with the flags in an uninstalled package file, ie. a package
on your Mac or PC. I wrote a similar utility a long time ago:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/newtpackageflags

You can disable the copy protection bit and enable/disable package
compression on install.

There's also a Perl version of my utility that just unpacks the package
header, but doesn't write any flag changes back.

I wrote it all up as a document that's part of the Newton Bowels project:

http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/Bowels/Structure_Of_Package_Header.txt

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org