Re: [NTLK] A little pointer in the right direction....

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 05:36:46 EDT

On 6/7/06, Alaric Dyson <ADyson@rogers.com> wrote:
> Hi Jon
> I'm currently visiting in your mother country. On business in Tarnobrzeg. A
> place where Hamburgers have no beef patties and bacon is not served at
> breakfast time. Is there somewhere I can buy some Poutine?

Actually, Poland is my adopted home. But, I do see that you discovered
our wonderful hamburgers.... sometimes, they even contain actual pork!
:-) The breakfast "bacon" is not, as you may have noticed, but I like
it. Our first day in Poland, back in 1997, we only had Polish
"balaron" in our fridge, and we tried cooking it like American bacon.
It didn't work too well, but the spices used are delicious! If you are
in a hotel, I presume you have found the cold fish? ;-)

However, as far as Poutine is concerned.... hm. haven't found even the
curds for it! But try some "ser wiejski". It's sort of like American
cottage cheese. Sadly, you are a ways from us. Will you be closer to
Krakow? It would be interesting to meet another NTLKer. There's at
least one more of us, near Warsaw. Alex. Maybe he'll speak up. But
he's a transplant, too--only from Canada.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland