Re: [NTLK] Nokia 770

From: Karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be>
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 12:22:38 EDT

James Grubic schreef:
> The Nokia 770 being discussed looks interesting...does anyone know if it
> will support ethernet via an add-on card (although the answer seems to
> be no, since it is using an MMC).

No indeed: the only way to get access to wired networks is via a
(portable) ethernet-to-WiFi adapter. I've never tried one of those, so I
can(t help there.

Or you can hook it up to a pc -- which kinda goes against all the 770
stands for. :)

> I could see it being useful as a portable email machine and to do some
> packet analysis. Some of the ethernet packet sniffers with similar specs
> are costing thousands of dollars.

Go here:

http://www.maemo.org/index.html

and here:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/index.php?

to see what's buzzing in the 770 community.

Karel Jansens