Re: [NTLK] Verizon phone connection via Bluetooth

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Sun Jun 11 2006 - 16:48:53 EDT

On Jun 11, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Joseph Solin wrote:

> I'm using a Verizon Razr. Not sure what the Internet connection
> through Verizon would actually be. I know that the new super high
> speed Internet isn't available in my area. EVO?

Hmmm, you can configure it dial up via a regular dial up service, but
that is limited to 9600baud which is really not so great :~(

I have tried using my wifes Moto 551 which I think is actually quite
similar to your phone, but in a less pretty package. I have not really
had such good luck with it. I was able to pair it with Blunt and the
Newton, but whenever I tried to establish a connection via BT, the
phone always wanted a passphrase again. This prevented me from ever
getting it going.

I had in the past used my t68i with the newton, and that worked, but
had connection interruptions due to an "echo packets" issue that could
not be resolved.

So, all in all I am no help. Try googling for Newton bluetooth or
Newton GPRS and you will find the basic gist of how to set this up.

Let us know if you get any further...

Then again I don't think Verizon supports GPRS, and in fact Verizon is
known for CRIPPLING there phones so that bluetooth doesn't really allow
full function.

I think you would need to investigate what kind of data transport
Verizon can provide you?

Marty