Re: [NTLK] How to replace cracked screen

From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Jun 18 2006 - 21:21:24 EDT

You might be in good luck. The venerable Frank Gruendel hails from
your region, and he should be able to help you. On his website are
take-apart guides for the 2100, this one in particular: http://
www.pda-soft.de/2x00backlightreplacement.html should be a good one
for your needs.

When I cracked my digitizer glass he sold me a replacement for a very
good price, and by following the instructions on his website I was
able to repair my mp2100. Frank also does repairs himself, and the
fact that you are in Germany means that shipping costs and turn-
around time for him to do so could be considerably cheaper than for
those of us on the other side of the Atlantic.

You live in perhaps the best country possible for having a newton
break down.

J. Tyler Nichols