Re: [NTLK] iMac WiFi

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 10:04:33 EDT

Hi Dan & NTLK,

I thought I'd post this back on NTLK incase anyone else might be
wanting to use a cheaper WiFi solution as Dan suggested to me...

Well Dan your suggestion is definitely a cheaper solution than an
Airport Card and this can also substitute in for an Airport Extreme if
you need...

The link below was one I found doing a little bit more indepth
research on the solution.
The USB WiFi adapter suggested uses a particular chipset and they
chipset vendor has a driver for OS X. So if you read the article &
discussion in the below mentioned link your will also get a walkthru
if you prefer your hand being held through the process...
You nees a WiFi base station that's either OPEN or WPA as WEP is
defective as described in the article...

This will definitely help with your Newton Connectivity over WiFi.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=200602140626039

I do hope you guys find this useful....

--
God bless,