Re: [NTLK] Hello all! (and an Ethernet question!)

From: <hellsop_at_ninehells.com>
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 10:01:49 EDT

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 12:25:33PM +0200, Marcus Hammerschmitt wrote:
> At 09:11 28.06.2006, you wrote:
> >Hi all!
>
> (...)
>
> >In the mean time I've been trying to get my Newton connected to the world
> >at large.
>
> Just for the sake of clarity - are you trying to connect your Newton
> to the internet via ethernet? I've never been able to pull that one of.
>
> Connecting it though to a Windows running PC via ethernet takes
> some detours, but has been working great for me since almost a year
> now.

*chuckle* Very different experience for me. I've had no trouble getting
TCP working wirelessly on my network, and from there to anyplace on the
net, but slaving the Newt to any particular computer (to synch or even
load packages) has been a challenge. I've never gotten synching to work,
to the point of telling people that "It's a standalone machine -- it
doesn't NEED to synch."

--
47. If I learn that a callow youth has begun a quest to destroy me, I will
    slay him while he is still a callow youth instead of waiting for him to