Re: [NTLK] MP2100 internet over ethernet: something new, something old.

From: dano <dano_at_well.com>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 11:41:13 EST

At 5:29 PM +0100 3/1/06, Karel Jansens wrote:
>Johannes Wolf schreef:
> > I could imagine that you can find an old small Hub that you could switch
> > inbetween the Newt and the 10/100 router, that would solve the problem as
> > well.
>
>I'm looking, I'm looking. :)
>
>I do have to say that finding old equipment seems to get harder by the day.

If/when you find the hub that will help in diagnosing the problem as
well. If you run a Macintosh you can get a demo copy of Neon's
CyberGauge, which is essentially a sniffer. It will show you what
signal(s) the Newton is sending to the router, and whether the dhcp
request is actually going out and what is coming back.

Also, even many inexpensive routers these days have activity logs.
Can you check the logs on your router? (Note that the hub will
probably not have an activity log.)