Re: [NTLK] Bootstrapped! D'oh!

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 19:23:31 EST

> It does seem to match the specs of the Apple version, though. I'll
give
> them credit for that.
>
> 120V 60Hz 14W input.
>
> 7.5V 700mA Regulated.

The original Newton adapter is 7.5V, 1.2A, -> 9 Watt. Apart from
that, the original adapter follows a so-called foldback characteristics,
i. e. the adapter automatically reduces the voltage if too much current
is drawn, making it withstand even its being shorted out completely.

> They cut the words "RADIO SHACK" from the top of the label on the
> brick, but "Tandy/Radioshack" is still in the manufacturing
> information at the bottom.

How ingenious...

By the way: Who on earth are these Wegener fellows who have made the
NewtonTalk-mention-highscore-list lately? Do they have a web site?

Frank