Re: [NTLK] Tiger Direct

From: Clayton Mitchell <claytonmitchell_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 22:46:30 EST

Have to throw in my 2¢ on this. Will try and keep it brief.

ordered 1TB drive from them, same cheep good deal as ya'll. They
shipped it to the wrong address (no fault of my own) contacted them and
asked them to ship to correct address. no response, three months and
many many hours later I thought I was getting some where. Worked my way
up the food chain in the org. Got a hold of someone who could actually
look up the order correctly they said they were going to re-ship as I
had actually purchased the item and never received it. one hour later I
got a call from some dork who said "we finally looked at what you
ordered and can not sell it to you." I countered and said they already
had sold it to me so may I please have my merchandise. Piss off was the
most polite response I got. I also got it all on tape.

I reported them to the BBB (they are in Florida so you have to use the
BBB there). The BBB said they got no response from Tiger direct case
closed. WTF We have no consumer writes as on line consumers. The next
level I can take it is the Florida attorney general, like I am going to
get satisfaction there.

Avoid Tiger direct like the plague. They have very unsavory business
practices

And yes I also get the catalogs now, funny how they can get the correct
address for those and not my order.