Re: [NTLK] RARE PROTOTYPE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY TRAY

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 09:23:26 EST

On 3/7/06, Andy Hill <adhill@nerdshack.com> wrote:
> This is a fabulous idea, I take my hat off to you.
> It's shame you couldn't make some to sell though.
> Everyone's got a tray!
> Much admired

 Andy,

Thank you for your kind words! :-)

Let me say that we have a good many sources in the community other than
myself (you can check the archives to see who they are) that are able to
think different and out of the box and create many more things for the
Newton. Those who have stepped up ahead of me have inspired me to just take
a few moments of my time to make this Prototype so that everyone can see how
nice it would be to NOT have to rely on the remaining supply of rechargeable
packs or spending time re-celling packs over and over again.

I've got one more item to finish for one more user - IF after another six
months I'm free I'll consider seeing what time I have to allocate per week
to make a few...

Just keep your eyes WIDE open as I've got another Prototype variant in the
works which will allow one to use Alkaline OR NiMH Cells - Of course that
example would come with the standard Warning from Frank that it's use is at
the User's Risk. IF one forgets to have the correct setting selected it
might not be a pretty site to see what happens when your Newton tries to
charge a set of Alkaline Cells.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung