Re: [NTLK] What's the max ATA card you've gotten to work?

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 17:45:21 EST

At 22:37 07.03.2006, you wrote:
>256? 1G? At some point does the Newton become unable to efficiently handle a
>really large store?

For me it's a 1 GB CF SanDisk Ultra II at the moment. A 256 MB CF card
of the same maker felt even a little snappier in terms of system responsiveness,
yet the writing performance of the Ultra II is definitely better and it gives you
more room of course (I use both with four partitions, one 4 MB, three max).
Don't go for microdrives. They are too slow and consume too much power.

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/