[NTLK] Uh-oh...how to delete "invisible" files?

From: Matthew Surles <minimicrite_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 14:07:02 EST

I've done a Very Bad Thing (tm) which requires I come out of Lurk mode....
In a futile attempt to get Mad Max to stream music, I deleted Mad Max,
nHTTPLib, MP3Codec, and the Audio soup. After reinstalling the three
packages, Mad Max still won't play streaming music (connects to server, gets
info, disconnects; sometimes I get a 404 error, but not always), but now,
all the MP3's I have on my card are no longer visible...anywhere. They are
still there, taking up space on the card, since the card slip still shows
3.9mb free, the same before I started this ordeal, but Mad Max no longer
shows the MP3's, and they are not listed in Extras anywhere. TrashPak
doesn't show them, either. I tried re-installing the MP3's, thinking that
maybe it would overwrite the invisible copy on the card, but it doesn't.

I thought about backing up the card, erasing it, and restoring just the
packages, and installing the MP3's by hand. However, NCU doesn't do a
complete backup, and NBU simply crashes after about 15 seconds of backing up
the card. I though maybe it was a memory problem, so I upped the memory to
NBU to 100mb, but it still crashes.

Any thoughts? Is there a "file manager"-type program that would let me see
"hidden" files so that I can delete the MP3's and re-install them?

Thanks in advance, and I promise never to do something so dumb again ;)
-matt surles