Re: [NTLK] CF card adapter, eMate batteries and other questions

From: Michael Blazer <m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 23:58:39 EST

SarahStryker@aol.com wrote:

> Also, I powered my eMate up for the very first time using the power adapter
> that came with my MP 2100 and got a message on the screen that the main battery
> needs to be replaced

Don't give up on the battery just yet. I've had that message when a
reasonably good battery pack was just allowed to get much too run down,
usually due to sitting around uncharged for weeks or months.

Try plugging and unplugging the AC adapter a few times. It's always
worked for me -- eventually the eMate decides that the battery is OK
after all, and it goes ahead and charges it.

Of course, your battery might really be dead ... but it's worth a few tries.

Michael