Re: [NTLK] Newton Bluetooth for newbies

From: James Fraser <fast_fierce_and_funny_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 08:51:51 EST

Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>the "Bluetooth for newbies" initiative is getting hot!

>We are at #7 agreements!

>With only a couple more agreements
>we will be able to place a convenient order.

Are you at the magic number yet? The reason I ask is because I may want to
jump in on this, too.

I guess the point I'm not clear on is: were you planning to stop at 10
units? According to one of your posts, the dealer indicated that he would
give discounts for order of 10 _or more_ units.

Would you consider setting a deadline along the lines of: "if anyone wants a
Pico card, please email me (Adriano) by 12:00 GMT on Friday, 17/3?"

The reason I ask is, frankly, I would like another day or two to look at the
air2net cards. Of course, if anyone would like to take this opportunity to
compare/contrast the air2net/Pico cards on the list, I wouldn't complain.
¬_¬

And, no, I wouldn't say that if I thought that this would impact the sale of
the Pico cards. I feel that $35.72 US is indeed a good deal for one of
these. It's just that I'm one of those types who likes to suss out all of
the choices before I make a purchase, that's all. @_@

In addition, I'm pestering Adriano offlist about another component of his
[smile]. If possible, I'd like to get everything shipped all at once.

I guess one of the factors at work here is: are the other folks on the list
in a sweat to get their cards? Or are they willing to wait a bit longer
(say, end of this week/beginning of next) to give the maximum number of
people an opportunity to jump in on this? [searches faces]

Finally, Adriano: are you able to accept credit card-funded payments for the
Pico cards, or do they need to be funded via balance transfer? The reason I
ask is because I get Punishment Points™ for using my CC, so I try to fund my
PayPal transactions that way whenever possible. But I do understand that
under some circumstances, funding a payment via CC may not be a good idea.

Best,

James Fraser