Re: [NTLK] Html rendering on Newton

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 14:05:19 EST

Victor,

> Actually, all NewtonScript runs within a virtual machine-like environment
> which is a single thread. You can't spawn a new thread from NewtonScript,
> but you can from C++.
>
> So yes, Newton OS is a full co-operative multitasking kernel, but virtually
> all its applications are sharing a single thread.

Actually, all NewtonScript runs within a virtual machine-like environment
which is a single thread. You can't spawn a new thread from NewtonScript,
but you can from C++.

So yes, Newton OS is a full co-operative multitasking kernel, but virtually
all its applications are sharing a single thread.

So Newton OS it's the very best place to run an "html environment", right?!

One could be able to manage pop-up windows, forms, maybe also Webobject?

Pardon me for "shaking" all such things, but please tell me if i am right.

Thanks.

Adriano

'Green is better'
http://www.homepage.mac.com/adriano.angelillis/