Re: [NTLK] IrDA Adapters and Newtons

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 14:57:33 EST

On Mar 19, 2006, at 8:22 AM, Adriano wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> IIRC, the infrared port on PM9600 couldn't estabilish a serial
> connection.

The 9600 has no IR. He is talking about adding a serial to IR device
copped from a rev A imac.
> If you would install a dedicated TV card on PCI, the Ir port built
> into the case
> would let you to select a TV channel using the TV remote included
> with the card.
This also was not available on the 9600.

Regard the query, I have no idea other then to say I don't think the
native NCU will work with this arrangement.

On the other hand it seems quite likely that the recently introduced
software that allows for IR installation will work.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jerome.vernet/newton.htm

I was personally not aware that the IR hardware was removable on the
original imac? I will inspect this possibility as I have both original
imacs and a PM 9600...

Marty