Re: [NTLK] New Newton's!

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 12:36:16 EST

Wolfie wrote:
> I Have a 2Wire Wireless card that is just a rebadged Lucent Gold card
> I read the Wiki and got everything installed as should be.
>
> WELLLL!, It doesnt work, everything is installed properly with NIE 2.0
> and hiroshi's driver and everything i have nethopper as the internet
> client.
>
> but when i put in my card it says: "There is a problem with this card.
> (Newton cannot recognize this type of card)
>
> I Don't see how that can be as it's the same exact thing as a lucent
> gold card with a 2Wire badge on it.
>
> Can anyone help me?

It's likely because your card produces a different card ID string from a
Lucent or any other known card. You can try the following:

- install MoreWiFi from here: http://www.kallisys.com/newton/morewifi/en
download link is at the bottom of the page. This will enable the driver to
recognize a lot more cards, hopefully yours.

If that doesn't work, download GetCardInfo from here:

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/GetCardInfo

Remove your wireless card and install GetCardInfo. Insert the card, you'll
get that error message again. Now open Extras -> Extensions and tap on "Get
Card Info". You'll be prompted to save some info to Notes, tap YES, then go
over to Unfiled Items in Notes and post here what it says.

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org