[NTLK] eBay something you might want to know.

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 26 2006 - 21:54:53 EST

This is Semi-OT but Newton related.
I at times buy and sell Newton items off eBay.
I also use a Free PayPal Account for these transactions.
This bit of information will only affect you if you use a Free PayPal
account for Auction Sales.

I recently placed up for auction on eBay a Newton items for sale.
Today I got an email notification that the auction was cancelled.
It seemed strange as I've always used the same format for all of my auctions.
Never have I ever been notified for any transactions of any type.

SO this is the deal.
1) If you sell on eBay and use a PayPal Account to accept moneys you
are now REQUIRED to accept Credit Card or Debit Card Funded funds

2) If you use a Free PayPal Account then you are REQUIRED to be
willing to convert your account to a Premier or Business PAID account.
This is because those accounts can accept Credit Card and Debit Card
Card Funded Funds while a Free PayPal Account CAN NOT accept these
types of funds...

Now this was never a problem in the past but now as a Seller it is a problem...

SO you are forewarned if you did not know...

OH BTW it seems to me something called collusion by eBay and PayPal.
They are now PUSHING everyone to a PAID account if you use eBay - is
this illegal?

Well it was kind of bugging me so I thought you might find it interesting...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung