[NTLK] NCU and Claris Organizer Sync'ing

From: Dave Bellamy <dave_bellamy_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 05:51:01 EDT

Hi All

I have trawled through the FAQs, the previous threads from the List
and Googled till I lost the will to live and still have not managed
to find a method to successfully sync my Newton with Claris Organizer
using NCU.

I have a Newt 2000u, a Keyspan USB/ Serial adapter and a Powerbook
running OS9.2.2.

I have change the memory allocations for the various files and
initiated the sync from the Newt (as suggested by a previous poster)
but to no avail. It seems to run through its processes quite happily
- prepares to back-up, syncing names, then dates, then dates again
and so on. Then for no apparent reason it just drops the connection.
No error messages this time just a dropped connection. Its not clear
whether the connection is being killed from the PowerBook or the Newt.

I am at a loss to understand what the deal is. I know this is a very
old and tired chestnut but just wondered if anyone out there has
actually made this work.

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Regards

Dave