Re: [NTLK] Serial board installation

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 17:46:40 EDT

Tony,

I'm not sure what you mean. But to me, the SER001 was worth it, even though
I do already own a serial adapter. The SER001 just means I don't have to
carry the adapter around with me. But then, I don't often synch via serial
cable when I'm on the go either.

I was just surprised a bit to see that I had to "hack" the SER001 to make it
fit right. This should have been taken into consideration by the designer.
But what's done is done, so new buyers simply must be aware of the facts
before they buy. If you don't mind filing down that serial connector by
hand, and if you don't fret of the possibility of small cracks in your case,
then by all means, get a SER001!

Best,

James Wages