Re: [NTLK] Wireless driver and WEP

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Mon Nov 27 2006 - 11:19:22 EST

        Hexadecimal? Yuck!

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net]On Behalf Of Woody Smith
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 1:42 PM
To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Wireless driver and WEP

If you have a card that is WEP capable then the newton should be able
to connect. The turbo bronze is not WEP capable. The Silver and
Gold are, but in any event the back of the card should tell you.

On the newton side the password must be entered as the hexadecimal
equivalent. If you are using Airport Admin Utility, select
'configure' after selecting your password (5 characters for 40 bit)
look at the "base station" pull down menu for 'equivalent network
password'. Copy down the hexadecimal equivalent and enter as written.

Good luck

Woody