Re: [NTLK] looking for a 130 possibly

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 05:38:38 EST

On 11/28/06, Stewart Douglas <douglab@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody want to sell a 130 in excellent shape...even better, trade
> for an OMP in excellent shape?
> also maybe trade to a 2000/2100 but I am probably not ready yet to
> dive in that deep...this is a new hobby.
> Thanks,
> Stew

Well, if you really want to use the Newton, the best way to go is the
2100. I would skip the 2000, though. It has less usable heap memory
than the 130, IMO, which really hurts when you want to do the extra
fun things the 2K series is capable of--web browsing, music, BT, WiFi,
etc.

BTW, the 130 cannot do any of those things. It's a plain organizer and
note taker--not that that's a bad thing, but these days, with
unreliable desktop sync, a Palm would serve you better for
that--except note-taking. You really want to play with a 2100 if you
can.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland