Re: [NTLK] Mail V and Gmail

From: R A Parker <QuadzillaNET_at_Newted.ORG>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 10:27:00 EDT

On Thursday, October 5, 2006 at 9:34 pm Javier Monllor wrote:

> Anyone know why I might be getting this message when sending anything?
>
> Error:
> "Mail V
> Unknown Newton error at OC44A8FC"
>
> I've set up both my wife's .Mac smtp account and my crappy ISP's smtp
> account and always get this error. I can receive messages just fine.

There are a couple reasons I got error messages (like this) when setting up my SMTP.

1) Port 25 blocked by network firewalI: try adding a ":587" to the end of your SMTP server setting.

2) The SMTP server requires authentication: Check your ID and password settings in Mail V to make sure they are set properly to your wifes account.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM