Re: [NTLK] Sync Newton using Sheepshaver

From: Greg Sahli <sahlgre_at_iit.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 13:07:56 EDT

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 11:06 am, Alex Santos wrote:
> Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:03:57 +0200
> From: Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos@neostrada.pl>
> Subject: [NTLK] Sync Newton using Sheepshaver
>
> Dear list members
>
> I have successfully installed Mac OS 7.6 (a disk image downloaded
> from UNNA) to BasiliskII port 19. This image (Mac OS 7.6) came
> preinstalled with NCU but as soon as it launches, it crashes.
>
> I have not been able to get it to work…it's been so far rather
> frustrating.
>
> I am not even able to choose or find, using the choose, my OSX drive
> nor home folder.
>
> Can anyone here provide any success stories?
>
> Alex
> PS Desperately seeking Mac OS and Newton integration.

Alex,
If I understand you correctly, you are trying to connect for file sharing from
a Newton to an OS X Mac?
Unfortunately, that's not how the Newton shares files. The Newton uses a
server client paradigm. NCU is the server on an OS 7-8-9 computer (or yours
if Basilisk is working). The Newton is the client -- looking for NCU and NCU
only. So install and start NCU first, then try connecting from the Newton.

(By the way, I only get digest - so apologize if this was already replied to!)

Greg