[NTLK] IRC .. part 2

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 08:48:07 EDT

        After a bit of tinkering I got my E-Mate 300 working in a IRC chat room and left it there. We had some Atari users that opened this IRC chat room in which some Atari computers have been there. (Gotten my Atari 800 from 1979 on there many times). But other members to keep it open have left a IRC persona in there. You can find DrClu in there, which is coming from an E-mate at...

irc.newnet.net #atari

        You are welcome to join us anytime BTW, and definately at the chat time tonight at 8pm CST.

        The E-Mate is perfect for this I'd say. Mainly chose it since it is so simple and streamlined for the job, and the lower power consumption than most computers.

        It will be interesting to see how long of a text buffer the E-Mate can handle.

        And when the 13 day trial period is over for Chatbuddy, it will be interesting to see if I can set the clock back to prolong the use (since there is a registry problem). I hope they can make this public domain, or fix the registration, soon.

        Doc Clu