Re: [NTLK] nokia 6600 -> Newton via IrDA?

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 23:19:07 EDT

On Oct 12, 2006, at 4:42 PM, Aaron Eiche wrote:

> It just occured to me that I have a phone (my nokia 6600) that has
> an IrDA
> port on the side of it. Could I solve my upcoming bootstrapping
> problem by
> bluetooth transferring pkgs to my phone and then beaming them to a
> Newton
> (or in my case an eMate)?
There's that old chicken and egg thing again... You would need some
software installed on the Newton that understood the IR protocol of
the phone(Nitro?Neo?). Perhaps IC/VC to recognize the packages to
put away.

If you already have that installed, though that might be possible.

Otherwise:

www.40hz.org

Marty

PS I like old macs for this setup. If you want to pay to ship one to
you , let me know. Or if you are close bye Seattle, I can hook you
up a freebie.