[NTLK] Red Backlights for Astronomy

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 07:40:32 EDT

Has anyone heard if these are going to be made at some point in time? I
know there have been a few requests in the past, but I am just about to
get a brand new 76mm(3inch) x 700mm(27.5inch) Newtonian reflective
telescope (how appropriate ;-) ). My next project after the USB bridge
boards is a stepper motor mount for the telescope with a serial
interface to my mp2100 to adjust azimuth/pitch and measure angles which
display on the Newt. I'll get plenty of photos, but I would really like
a red backlight for doing this in the dark.

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard