Re: [NTLK] Battery heat temp?

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 18:00:26 EDT

> Can anyone give me an accurate range of how hot the rechargeable
> battery on the Newton gets during charging?

If you charge with the 9 Watt power adapter in fast charge mode (about
1.2 Amps), it will slowly get warmer during charge. It should not exceed
40 degrees celsius. Normally the Newton switches to trickle charge mode
around 36...38 degrees celsius.

> (and for that matter, the temperature of run of the mill rechargeable
> AAs?)

This depends on the temperature of the area around it. It is
usually higher in a car parked at Ayer's rock at noon in June, compared
to that in a sledge parked in St. Petersburg at Christmas (sorry,
couldn't resist. I admit I'm aware you probably meant something else).

With "normal" use the cell temperature is unlikely to be much higher
than
the ambient temperature. It'll be slightly higher if you draw a high
current.

Frank