[NTLK] Newton Schematics - The ongoing search

From: Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl>
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 18:07:17 EDT

Just a few minutes ago I decided to google down the Newton Schematics.

I have run across schematics for old SEs and other Macintosh
computers but no Newton. These seem to be very well protected but on
Google Groups I came 4 messages dating back to Dec 20 1993.

These 4 messages, all started by HOEVENAAR, Mike Hoevenaar , whose
profile you can view here,

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?
enc_user=0y620RQAAACiSX_KCOIdY0asQ5CJspkmOPANdqfI6prRsqjc7uCt1A

mentioned the following:
-----

Theres a small company that is offering a reversed engineered schematic
for the Apple message pad. I don't know how good it is but I have
ordered
one for myself. The price is $19.99 plus $2.00 S/H.
   Their address is:
                      Electronic repair
                      307 E. Ellington Ave
                      Peoria, Il 61603
     I hope I'm not violating any ethics here by giving out this info.
If any one wants to know how the schematic is E-mail me.

-----

Can anyone verify this, especially if you live in Peoria, Illinois.
Perhaps someone on this list can check out the validity of this and
find out if in fact they do or ever did sell the Newton schematics
and for which models.

I am sure folks like Frank Gruendel could use these to better improve
servicing the Newton.

If anyone knows anything about this 1993 post on Google groups, let
us know.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.newton.misc/browse_thread/
thread/6dc19951d9138e47/6b6862c4b90f0fea?
lnk=st&q=&rnum=11#6b6862c4b90f0fea

Alex