[NTLK] Overload?

From: Doug Denby <DDenby_at_rogers.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 19:49:13 EDT

Recently I have run into a problem with my trusty sidekick, a Newton
2100.

After entering a rather large number of new contacts in the address
book, I inserted another card. The result was, upon attempting to get a
listing view of the address book, the rather unorthodox error code
-1001228, along with the loss of several applications. Reset does not
resolve this issue. and also reports this same error.

Have I managed to reach the maximum number of entries in the address
book?
Have I managed to corrupt my trusty friend beyond belief?
What else may be happening?

I am using the ATA support package to convert a 255 mg card into four
64 mg cards.

Is it possible the trusty Newton, creates new IDs for address records
in the soup, but can get them messed up if not all soups are available
during the creation, thus creating duplicate records that it can not
resolve?

Any help or explanation is welcome.

Doug

- Arthur C. Clarke