Re: [NTLK] Rent a coder?

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 00:27:30 EDT

There are many ways to make a MessagePad communicate with external
devices and to make it sync
with a modern computer. Most of them take use of the 'Newton Internet
Enabler' set of extensions.

Working on an update of these extension would let us develop an
entire new category of applications.
I can't imagine how many (more) things NewtScape could do with a new
NIE package,
or how much less time developers as Echkart (Blunt) would have lost
while facing with existing limits.

Such limits are caused by the NIE extensions. It's impossible for us
to use java,
and although we amazingly have Waba on Newton, a MP2100 must handle
all the work
via software, and can't take use of its hardware capabilities.

Apart from that, here are some links useful to seriously interested
coders, take care:

http://tinyurl.com/y2f8fn
http://tinyurl.com/y3f2nk
http://tinyurl.com/kxs8x