Re: [NTLK] Illiad: New hardware platform?

From: Karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 09:58:19 EDT

Cerebus schreef:
> On 8/30/06, maynard@jmg.com <maynard@jmg.com> wrote:

> Lately I've become more enthusiastic about the new LCD display
> developed for the OLPC project--200dpi 1200x900 B&W / 800x600 color,
> LED backlit or reflective in either mode, 0.2 watt max consumption in
> B&W and 1.0 watt max in color, and can be fabricated on existing LCD
> production lines... It's beyond evolutionary.

The Nokia 770: 220 dpi in pearly colour, 800x480. I've spent a couple of
days reading books on it in bed (hospital, not lazy bugger) and it
really /is/ like reading paper.

I love my Newts and I'll never ever sell them, but this li'l chump is
magnificent.

Nokia need to change only one thing: put a small capacitator somewhere
in its belly so we can change batteries (it takes standard Nokia phone
batteries) on the fly, without rebooting. And they need to put better
HWR in...

Nokia need to change *two* things: the capcitator and the HWR. And maybe
add a tad more memory...

*Three* things...

(sorry, I'm on meds)

Karel Jansens