Re: [NTLK] [OT] Coffee & the Newt [was "Re: 2010?"]

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 10:09:58 EDT

On 9/1/06, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are right; I can't rotate the display.

Hi Christian,

Just curious - if you have rotated the screen into landscape mode -
which part of the screen is affected and is it the same conditions?

> I have to say, I'm not 100% sure what kind of backup that would back up all
> the settings as well as my data.

There are only two backups you can normally do
1) Full Backup (this saves all your preferences also)
and
2) Partial Backup
However you can always tailor the items you want saved too.

> Also, I'm a bit short on storage card space so I'm looking at getting
> another card or two before I do anything as critical as I imagine what you
> suggest could be.

Well, IIRC you are in the UK area and I think there are many UK users
available. You can see which one might be able to assist you in this
matter since they are on your side of the pond versus me who's on the
other side in the NYC, NY vicinity... :(

Well you can always borrow one... from someone locally...
I do have some New 4MB cards I'd be happy to sell if you are interested...
They are sitting happily in my box awaiting either a Newt Owner or my
to pop them out and use them... Most of them either have Zero or One
Write Cycle at this time since I might have pulled it out to do a
Format or Test prior to placing them in storage...

> As for what may or may not be the topic of this particular thread -- I'm
> lost now -- your preference sounds really interesting, and if my travels
> ever take me wherever you are, you can introduce me to the finer points of
> making and drinking green tea with mango extract and tapioca balls. In
> return, I'll introduce you to one of the many varieties of Mediterranean
> coffee if you like.

I'm always up for trying new stuff though I'm not a real coffee
drinker, maybe ice coffee or a cappuccino once in a blue moon when I
go out to dinner...

Well one note... There are So Many Flavors that are available and also
additional Fruit extras that add a nice mix to this Asian American
drink we enjoy here in NYC on a hot day especially...

Please forgive me if there are any errors as I type...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung