Re: [NTLK] Shout out to developers

From: Javier Monllor <jmonll2_at_uic.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 19:41:48 EDT

Marty:
Thanks for all your suggestions. I hope they keep coming in. If you
or anyone has a better idea on how to handle the funds, please let me
know. I mention Paypal because its the way I've seen other people do
it and Norman volunteered to handle it.

I'm currently looking for developers as a start mainly because I want
to get feedback on how likely it is we can get someone to create this
app and hopefully to get a ballpark figure on how much it would cost
to do this. I wouldn't want to set everything up only to learn that
there is no way to gather the funds.

Requirements are a MUST. I was planning on starting a new thread
asking people for their suggestions but we could start here if that
is better. What do you think are the MUST HAVE features the app needs
to have for you to patronize this initiative? I'll add my two cents.

1. Proper iCal and Address Book syncing. It must be able to
distinguish which files were altered last and update the correct one.
If this isn't possible, it could ask the user which file to use (the
Mac's or the Newton's) as I have seen it done with my Palm device.
2. Proper all day event syncing (the app should turn all day events
into something like a 12 am to 11:59 pm event), multi day event
syncing, alarms, to-dos, etc. Syncing of specific calendars or all
simultaneously.
3. In my case, NewtSync did a good job of syncing my address book but
again, proper syncing with as many details as possible and place the
information in the correct locations.
4. Syncing of notes to a specified folder.
5. Work through serial, bluetooth, ethernet and wi-fi.
6. Universal (work on G5's and Intel Macs)
7. I would like to have one app to install packages and sync but I'd
be willing to compromise on this if necessary.
8. NO CRASHING !! ;p

That's all I can think of right now, I'll add to this later if some
more ideas pop up.

Tovi
http://www.tovi.name

PS. I kept using the word syncing throughout the message but I'm not
sure if that word exists. Sorry if I made it up.