Re: [NTLK] Copy and paste?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 12:49:59 EDT

On 9/2/06, Javier Monllor <jmonll2@uic.edu> wrote:

> I know how to copy text inside a note but can one copy and paste
> between different applications in the Newton without extra software?
> For example, if I want to copy some text on a Note and paste it into
> Newtworks. I was able to copy from one Note to another by dividing
> the screen in two (one note in the background, the other in the
> foreground) but what about copying text, going to list view, opening
> another note and then pasting?
>
> If not, can it be done by installing an extra app? Which one?

When you hilite the text and drag it. Instead of dragging it to its
"destination" drag it to the left or right edge of the screen. It will
put the text (or whatever it is that you copied) into the "clipboard"
Now, you can close Notes, and go to Works, and tap and drag on that
hilited text, and drag it to your final destination. To make it
cooler, you can double-tap and drag, and drag a copy of the text from
the clipboard, leaving the text or whatever still in the clipboard.
And yes, this is universal to the Newton OS.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland