[NTLK] Washers, hinges and eMates...

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 18:09:52 EDT

> Slipping mine would require deforming the spring
> itself, which if I keep it properly lubricated
> won't happen.

OK. If it DOES happen nonetheless, I will erase
all your hard disks.

This is what I usually answer people if they tell
me "this can't happen" after my asking how they
want my software to react in a certain situation.
So far nobody has ever approved of this strategy,
although it should be perfectly safe if what people
tell me is in fact correct.

:-)

Since you can't really be sure about the required
frequency of re-lubricating, it might be a good
idea to put the washers on anyway when you do it
the next time. Why take ANY risk if it costs only
seconds to get rid of it once and for all...

Frank