[NTLK] Lego Mindstorms or Roomba hacking?

From: Javier Monllor <jmonll2_at_uic.edu>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 23:04:03 EDT

Has anyone here considered using the Newton as an input device to
control the new Lego Mindstorms NXT that have come out or a Roomba
vacuum?

The Mindstorm has bluetooth connectivity and Lego has provided a
Software Developer Kit, a Hardware Developer Kit and a Bluetooth
Developer Kit (http://mindstorms.lego.com/Overview/NXTreme.aspx). It
would be a great project!

Another might be playing with Roomba robots. The vacuum comes with a
Serial Port to communicate and it might be possible to hook up a
Newton to it to control it. Although for some reason I think this
might be more difficult.

Man, I wish I knew how to program. Where is that Tiger CD? Guess I'll
have to install XCODE and start playing around with it. Anything to
keep me away from writing my thesis!

Another