Re: [NTLK] [OT] Changing ibook HD

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 05:41:16 EDT

On Sep 6, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Alex Santos wrote:

> Thanks. Actually I will be interested in one of these tools as I have
> to open up my wife's iBook to replace a dead HD.

If you aren't an experienced tech, I recommend getting someone else
do this job. It's a lot of little fasteners, and flimsy internal
structures like foils and tapes. Even for an experienced technician
like me, this is a job you need to be in the right state of mind for
and it takes an hour + or so at least (apart and together).

Please note I have taken 100's of ibooks apart.

Marty